Derbyshire County Council Sustainable Travel team - Capital funding for cycle facilities at tourism businesses
Our speaker at MBC business group this week was Michael Reardon from Derbyshire County Council’s Sustainable Travel team. Michael told the group about capital funds available to improve cycle facilities at tourism businesses across Derbyshire.
Eligible businesses include bed and breakfasts, hotels and self catering establishments, as well as visitor attractions and other tourism based facilities.
Examples of typical projects that benefit from funding:
- Cycle storage, including sheffield stands and shelters.
- Associated cycle amenities, including storage lockers.
- Improvements to gates and pathways, where appropriate.
Other proposals with clear cycle-related benefits – especially those which encourage longer distance cycling leisure trips and overnight stays – will also be considered.
- The funding is strictly limited, and available on a matched 50/50 basis.
- There's no specific closing date, nor any long application form - funds are available on a first come, first served basis
- Facilities could benefit both visitors and staff.
Tel: 01629 538156